Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thriving in Chaos, and A NEW Tutorial


UPDATE!!!I've been working the bugs out of the ring designs, slowly but surely! I don't release half-done poor quality tutorials that can't be repeated. That isn't worth anybody's time - I want everybody to be as successful as possible!!

"Sensitive dependance upon initial conditions."

This is one of the central premises of what scientists call "Chaos Theory." You may recognize it from a different thought process:

"The flutter of a butterfly's wings over the Sahara can cause a hurricane in Florida."

Either way, one of the things it means for us plain folks is that the smallest action can affect everything that follows, and become something grand!

Lately, I've been turning to my wired beads and remembering what got me started on my tutorial path. Shiva"s Gift focalElven_Mist
Everyone asks me how I make them, and the answer is complex. Too complex for a single tutorial, by far!

So waaaay back in early 2008, I decided to start making tutorials that explained the individual elements in them. Enter the Periwinkle Bead Cap!!!
Periwinkle-Pretties It outlines the basic form of the ends of my beads, is highly decorative AND provides highly functional stability to my pieces. Many of you responded so positively to that tutorial, and I thank you so much!
















After that, many people requested tutorials for different projects! As sometimes happens, the best laid plans of mice and tutorial writers oft go astray, and I left behind a 3/4 finished tutorial on the next element of my beaded wire beads.

Well, I've returned to my roots, and have finished it! I call this the Doric Column Bead, as it is the foundation and core stabilizing element for all of the spiraled beads. It also just happens to look like a set of columns in a Greek Temple! Imagine that they would have similarities!

Doric_Column_Tut_announce














This little hollow form is a powerhouse of versatility, and in the tutorial, I have outlined not only the instructions for the basic bead form, but several variations that should whet your wire appetite. You can see them, and all my tutorials at ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com or visit my photostream on Flickr!

I think perfect balance and stability start with rapt attention to the starting tiny details of any project. Chaos Theory in action!

Till the next time, care for yourselves gently!

Perri

8 comments:

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com on May 9, 2009 at 2:22 PM said...

You do incredibly beautiful and detailed work. I like the approach you do with your pictures as well.

Pretty Things on May 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM said...

Writing tutorials takes SO much time. And if you don't get the photos of the steps just right, you end up having to make ANOTHER of something to get the photo again. Tons of work.

Shuku on May 10, 2009 at 8:25 AM said...

This looks absolutely gorgeous! I loved the periwinkle beadcap; I bet I'm going to love this tutorial as well. Thank you so much for putting in such hard work!

--Shuku

Kathleen Krucoff on May 11, 2009 at 7:24 AM said...

Hi Perri,

These are just incredible. Stunning work. I need to pick my jaw up off the floor now. :)

Deb on May 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM said...

Stunning work, and the intricacy of your craftsmanship and excellence of integrity to share all these gorgeous creations surpass anything I've ever seen. Thanks so much for all your patience, hardwork and sharing!

Anonymous said...

Your work is stunning...so tiny and so intricate...WOW!

Cobo's Jewels on November 5, 2009 at 7:47 AM said...

Your work is fantastic. I love it.
Cobo's Jewels

Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com on November 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments, everyone! I am blessed that all of you come by. I do appreciate it!

Post a Comment

 

Shaktipaj Designs Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template