Monday, November 2, 2009

Rose of Sharon Tutorial in my Etsy!


 
Now in Shaktipaj Designs Etsy shop: Rose of Sharon Pendant Tutorial!
I've been working on a secure, attractive, neat setting for a faceted stone in wire for a long time, and finally got the bugs out with this wire tutorial! This design is incredibly versatile - possibly the most useful and beautiful wire wrapped design I've ever come up with!

The stones here are 8mm faceted cubic zirconias - but it can be adapted to smaller stones -I've done 4mm faceted amethysts and am working on 3mm and 4mm flatback Swarovski crystals.

With a tweak or two, it holds rounded cabochons very securely, and Swarovski rivolis - you betcha!!!!! Here is Rita Garcia's stone cabochon piece:
(the link takes you to her Facebook profile)

You can stop during the technique process in a few places and get an attractive result. It can be plopped into almost any design at will - think of the possibilities it opens up for those of us who work in wire!!!!!!! Here's an example from Bobbi Maw at MyWiredImagination on Etsy:


I'll keep posting pics of new pieces in this technique as folks send me pics and I make them - I hope they inspire you to make beautiful wire creations!

Need more details? Keep watching the blog!

Care for yourselves gently, so that you can care for others

Perri

10 comments:

EnjiB on November 3, 2009 at 4:39 AM said...

Your design is really wonderful and gorgeous ! I think that I will give a try one day but I'm not sure to have an enough level actually :)Thanks anyway !

Lynn McGinnis on November 3, 2009 at 8:31 AM said...

Another beautiful piece. Do you sell these clasps? I would love to purchase a few? This is all overwhelming for me but someday I do hope to get organized enough to create better. I hope you have a super day.
sincerely, Lynn

Pretty Things on November 3, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

SOOO very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Hi Perri,
This is really beautiful. My Aunt's birthday coming up and I've been looking for an wire design for a faceted. Her style is classic and elegant and I think this is perfect! You said it can be scaled up for a smaller stone. Can it be easily scaled up for a larger stone?

Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com on November 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments, Ladies! I am truly overwhelmed by the response to this design - it is great that it appeals to so many people with such diverse tastes. :^))

Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com on November 5, 2009 at 7:11 PM said...

Lynn,
Thanks again for the lovely compliment. As I said in the blog, Bobbi Maw of http://MyWiredImagination.etsy.com made this after we talked about the Rose of Sharon setting being so versatile. She has a tutorial for the Storyteller frame in her etsy shop if you wanted to try to make it.
If you would like to talk about purchasing some, you can email me any time at Shaktipaj@gmail.com.

Perri www.ShaktipajDesigns.etsy.com on November 5, 2009 at 7:17 PM said...

Hi Sheridan, thanks for coming by! Yes, this can be scaled both down and up - you can choose either larger beads or a greater number of beads to frame the stone - it all depends on the level of fine detail you want in the finished piece.

Gold Charm Bracelet on May 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM said...

very pretty and unusual from the normal.The color of the metals very perfectly used to make a good combination with the stones.

Initial Charms on August 22, 2011 at 10:25 PM said...

There is a touch of ancient art and designs in some of the pieces...the addition of color to the metal brings them alive and the colorful pendants look very youthful truly.

gold ira on January 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM said...

i like those with different colors.

Post a Comment

 

Shaktipaj Designs Copyright © 2008 Black Brown Pop Template by Ipiet's Blogger Template