Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm tired.......


Apparently, I'm an old crone with outmoded values. I sure as hell feel like my words and values don't seem to matter too much lately. And just as apparently, many people like to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and sing la-la-la-la when they encounter inconvenient truths.

So maybe I can borrow from three very great thinkers, and you can be inspired by them to just freakin' do the right thing when it comes to your work and where it comes from.

Here goes nothing:

"The dwarf sees farther than the giant, when he has the giant's shoulder to mount on."

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

<<<<<<<<Do your research, acknowledge your sources, recognize that those sources may be subconscious, graciously accept the truth from others that somebody else has done it before you got there - if they did. Don't mis-characterize your work as 'New and Improved' - that only works for toilet bowl cleaners and Sham Wow.


“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<If you take one single piece of another person's creative work without asking or acknowledging, you wound them - you make them live with a loss that they may not recover from. How selfish is that? But it gets worse: you wound yourself, you wound the craft that you love. How completely foolish is that??????


"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer

<<<<<<<


I'm tired, I'm disheartened.
I need to care for myself for a change.

Take care of yourselves, too!

3 comments:

Cristina on July 5, 2010 at 9:49 PM said...

Can I just say that YOU inspire me in many ways. Not only with your absolutely gorgeous work, but also with they way you conduct yourself in this world. No, your values are not outdated. But there are some people that think that they live above those values. You can't let it bring you down.
It'd be easy to say to just ignore them and move on, but I admire that you DON'T ignore them. Personally, you know I've stayed away from forums and such because it drains too much time and energy, mostly because of topics like this. I hope someday, when I've got the strength again, I can go back and do and say the kinds of things you say.

Meanwhile... please feel free to call to my attention whenever I forget to mention a source or inspiration, I will gladly receive it :)

Corra on July 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM said...

See no evil, Ms. Perri. And, I miss Bobbi.

Corra

silver investments on January 9, 2012 at 7:34 PM said...

we get tired especially when nobody appreciates aour efforts,,.

Post a Comment